It was in 1878 that Christianity was first introduced to the City of Kurashiki.
The establishment of our church was realized in 1906.
Among the founders were Genjuro Hayashi, Magosaburo Ohara, Kazukichi Kimura, Gihachi Asano, HakaruTakado, Hiro Ohashi, and Asano Ohashi.
It owed a great deal to the spiritual guidance of Juji Ishii of the Okayama Orphanage.
The chapel is an impressive one with a masonry tower and a slope, and is designated as a national cultural property to be a famous architecture symbolizing the town of Kurashiki.